1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help improve muscle strength, flexibility, and coordination.
2. Occupational therapy: Occupational therapy can help with activities of daily living, such as dressing, eating, and writing.
3. Speech therapy: Speech therapy can help with communication and swallowing difficulties.
4. Medications: Medications can help reduce muscle spasms and improve muscle strength.
5. Assistive devices: Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, can help with mobility.
6. Surgery: Surgery may be necessary to correct certain deformities or to improve breathing.
7. Genetic counseling: Genetic counseling can help families understand the condition and make informed decisions about their care.