The treatments for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1C vary depending on the severity of the condition. Generally, treatments focus on managing symptoms and slowing the progression of the disease. These treatments may include:
• Physical therapy: This can help improve muscle strength and coordination.
• Occupational therapy: This can help with activities of daily living, such as dressing and bathing.
• Orthopedic devices: These can help with balance and mobility.
• Medications: These can help reduce pain and improve muscle strength.
• Surgery: This can help correct deformities and improve mobility.
• Assistive devices: These can help with mobility, such as walkers, canes, and wheelchairs.