1. Medication: Medications such as anticonvulsants, muscle relaxants, and anti-anxiety medications may be prescribed to help manage seizures, muscle spasms, and anxiety associated with bilateral generalized polymicrogyria.
2. Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help improve muscle strength, coordination, and balance.
3. Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapy can help improve fine motor skills, such as writing and drawing, as well as activities of daily living.
4. Speech Therapy: Speech therapy can help improve communication skills, such as speaking, understanding, and using language.
5. Surgery: Surgery may be recommended in some cases to help improve the function of the affected areas of the brain.