1. Gender: Women are more likely to develop systemic lupus erythematosus than men.
2. Age: Systemic lupus erythematosus is most common in women between the ages of 15 and 44.
3. Genetics: People with a family history of systemic lupus erythematosus are more likely to develop the condition.
4. Ethnicity: African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians are more likely to develop systemic lupus erythematosus than Caucasians.
5. Exposure to certain medications: Certain medications, such as hydralazine, procainamide, and quinidine, can increase the risk of developing systemic lupus erythematosus.
6. Exposure to ultraviolet light: Exposure to ultraviolet light,