1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help maintain muscle strength and flexibility, as well as improve posture and balance.
2. Occupational therapy: Occupational therapy can help with activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing, and eating.
3. Assistive devices: Assistive devices, such as braces, can help with mobility and reduce the risk of falls.
4. Medications: Medications, such as corticosteroids, can help reduce inflammation and improve muscle strength.
5. Surgery: Surgery may be necessary to correct joint deformities or to repair tendons.
6. Gene therapy: Gene therapy is a promising treatment option for Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy. It involves introducing a healthy copy of the gene into the body to replace the mutated gene.