1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help improve muscle strength, coordination, and balance. It can also help reduce pain and improve mobility.
2. Assistive devices: Assistive devices such as braces, canes, and walkers can help improve mobility and reduce pain.
3. Medications: Medications such as pain relievers, muscle relaxants, and anticonvulsants can help reduce pain and improve muscle strength.
4. Surgery: Surgery may be recommended to correct foot deformities or to release tight tendons.
5. Gene therapy: Gene therapy is a new treatment option that is being studied for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2Z. It involves introducing a healthy gene into the body to replace the mutated gene that causes the disease.