1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to improve muscle strength, coordination, and balance. It can also help to reduce pain and improve mobility.
2. Assistive devices: Assistive devices such as braces, canes, and walkers can help to improve mobility and reduce the risk of falls.
3. Medications: Medications such as pain relievers, muscle relaxants, and anticonvulsants can help to reduce pain and improve muscle strength.
4. Surgery: Surgery may be recommended in some cases to correct deformities or to improve mobility.
5. Gene therapy: Gene therapy is a promising new treatment for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2 due to TFG mutation. It involves introducing a healthy copy of the TFG gene into the body to replace the mutated gene.