1. Antiparasitic medications: Antiparasitic medications such as metronidazole, tinidazole, and iodoquinol are commonly used to treat amoebiasis due to Entamoeba histolytica.
2. Antibiotics: Antibiotics such as tetracycline, doxycycline, and chloramphenicol may also be prescribed to treat amoebiasis.
3. Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the amoeba from the intestine or to repair any damage caused by the infection.
4. Probiotics: Probiotics may be recommended to help restore the balance of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
5. Diet: Eating a diet high in fiber and avoiding foods that can irritate the digestive system may