1. Diet modification: Avoiding certain foods that may trigger symptoms, such as dairy, gluten, and processed foods.
2. Medications: Anti-inflammatory medications, such as corticosteroids, may be prescribed to reduce inflammation in the intestines.
3. Probiotics: Taking probiotics may help to restore the balance of good bacteria in the gut and reduce inflammation.
4. Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove damaged sections of the intestine.
5. Alternative therapies: Some people find relief from symptoms with alternative therapies, such as acupuncture, massage, and yoga.