1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
2. Occupational therapy: Occupational therapy can help to improve daily activities and independence.
3. Medications: Medications such as corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, and anticonvulsants may be prescribed to reduce inflammation and muscle spasms.
4. Assistive devices: Assistive devices such as canes, walkers, and wheelchairs can help to improve mobility.
5. Surgery: Surgery may be recommended to correct any deformities or to improve mobility.
6. Gene therapy: Gene therapy is a new and experimental treatment that may be used to replace the mutated VCP gene.