1. Age: Risk increases with age.
2. Family history: Having a family member with ADan amyloidosis increases the risk.
3. Certain medical conditions: Having certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, kidney disease, or rheumatoid arthritis, increases the risk.
4. Certain medications: Taking certain medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or certain antibiotics, increases the risk.
5. Exposure to certain toxins: Exposure to certain toxins, such as lead or mercury, increases the risk.
6. Certain genetic mutations: Having certain genetic mutations, such as transthyretin (TTR) mutations, increases the risk.