The causes of Acquired cutis laxa can vary, but the most common causes include:
1. Autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren's syndrome.
2. Certain medications, such as corticosteroids, anticonvulsants, and antibiotics.
3. Infections, such as tuberculosis, syphilis, and HIV.
4. Genetic disorders, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and Marfan syndrome.
5. Radiation therapy.
6. Certain cancers, such as lymphoma and leukemia.
7. Certain metabolic disorders, such as amyloidosis.
8. Certain endocrine disorders, such as Cushing's syndrome.